13 Ağustos 2010 Cuma

The last day before the fun begins... Ramadan Kareem

The first day of th Ramadan actually depends on how you see the moon; for exemple, people in Lybia has started the fasting yesterday, while in Turkey, Ramadan started today. Morocco might start tomorrow or the day after.




It is a interesting concept to follow the lunar calendar for holly days. For 30 days most of my colleagues at work will not eat in between Sahur and Iftar, which are the morning call and the evening one. I am waiting for the drummer to wake me up at five in the morning for breakfast, but that did not happen. Probably to many unholly stuff the night before.



I am amazed how people are practicing a religion sometime, or how they speak about it or even, what they do behind their own faith's back.



I saw people in cafe this morning on my way to work, I told myself, they are certainly not muslims. Well, actually they are, they are just bad muslims, I mean not really good at it. Or they just do what ever they want, which I prefer.



Ramadan is a holly month for compassion, kindness and it is an opportunity to spend time with

...

the loved ones. This is very fine, but what about the 11 remaining months; are they unholly months? Time when you can robb, steal, get drunk, cheat on your partner just for the good reason that it is not holly month so everything is permitted? If I don't believe in god can I do that too? Is god fighting against anarchy?



I'd like people to be kind every day of every month. I don't want them to knock at my door asking if everything is alright, just a bit less of individualism. Can I call for a prayer me too? I will sing like the Muezin: Come out of your bubble! Lift your head and smile at this new day! Take your dog out and stop being grampy, say hi to your neighbour, come back to the simple things of life and learn to enjoy them again.



I think we can be muslim, jew, christian, orthodox, or else, or not believing in any gods, but we do need to open our eyes on the world and pop our heads next door, just to enquire something like: are you alright today?



Something simple we forget to do.

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder